History of CRED
- Established as a trust on 3rd November 1997.
- Phase 1 – getting the development agenda into the classroom of UK schools – striving to ensure that this agenda was included as part of the school curriculum.
- Phase 2 – taking the classroom out into the developing world – running trips with students from UK schools to visit and participate with some of our partner projects.
- Phase 3 – awareness-raising, specialised assistance, context-sensitive advocacy, open access to financial donations for the partners and facilitating long-term relationship between partner and donor.
Our invitation to you is to join us on this journey…
- Board of Trustees made up of 6 members with a wide variety of professional skill sets and from various sector backgrounds.
- Voluntary Partner Liaison Manager, who acts as principal point of contact between Trustees and partners and with the donor population.
- Trustees meet regularly to consider all matters relating to the operations of the charity.
- Governed by a suite of policies and procedures commensurate with a charity of our size.
- Complies with Charity Commission governance code.